Friday, January 8, 2010

Weight, 21, 10, & the thing...

What I really wanted to title this post was,

"Weigh Day, 21 Day Habit Challenge, the Perfect 10 Challenge, and the Thing I couldn't Post Yesterday"

Alright, so I think I'm going to save the most exciting part of my title for last.

21 Day Habit Challenge - At the beginning of the year, instead of making any resolutions, I decided that I would try to form a new habit every 21 days. (FYI - Gotta give props to Candy on this, because it is her idea she came up with.) My first 21 day challenge is to start looking SASSY (read my last post for the meaning of sassy). The last week I have committed myself to spending more time 'grooming'. Every day this week I have put on makeup in the morning and I have spent an extra few hours just taking care of myself; putting on lotion, shaving, etc. So, 5 days down, 16 to go! I can definitely see how doing this for 21 days will create a habit, so I'm really excited to emerge a bit sassier in 21 days!

The Perfect 10 Challenge - I'm doing pretty good with this challenge. I'm going to highlight in green the ones that I have definitely been doing, and red the ones I still need to strive harder with.

1. Have at least a 1000 calorie deficit every day.
2. Run, no matter how short a distance, 5 days a week.
3. Weight train 3 days a week.

4. Drink 6 bottles of water per day.

5. Fast for 24 hours, twice a week (these will be my off days for exercise.)

6. Post my progress every day on my blog.

7. Weigh in every Friday.

8. Do 100 crunches after waking up, and 100 crunches before going to bed at least 5 days a week.

9. Eat a serving of fruits and a serving of vegetables every day.

10. Get 8 hours of sleep every night.


I am really proud of the things I am mastering. I am so happy that I have posted every day. This blog is really bringing something to my life. I'm also proud that I have been going to sleep earlier and getting the rest I need. This next week I'm really gonna try to have a few less things in the red.

Now, I think I'm also supposed to say something that not everyone knows about me...Hmmm....well....I don't think that everyone knows this one, so here goes:

I met my real father for the first time this year.
(I also found out I have a step mom, 3 more sisters, and 8 nieces/nephews...This is a picture of my dad, me, and my little sister Ashley. My dad and I are on the top.)

The thing I couldn't post yesterday - I have been offered a higher secretarial position where I work!! It comes with a bit of a pay raise, I will be in a much more stable office (where I work now they may be laying people off in a year or so), and it is in a much more 'visible' office. I like my job now, but I am a very competitive person..and honestly, this job is too easy. It has been nice to goof off a bit for a year, and get paid for it, but I'm ready to put the peddle to the metal and get going on that career path. I couldn't say anything yesterday because the offer wasn't official, and I couldn't chance someone at work reading the blog. Today will be hard because I have to tell my boss and coworkers. But, I know it is for the best!

Weigh Day -

Sooooooo...............last Friday I weighed in at 200.8 pounds. I wasn't upset with this number, I was happy that I hadn't gained back 10 pounds over the holidays. This whole week I have worked pretty hard. I'm not going to say really hard, because I think I can work even harder this next week. Yesterday you may recal I was a bit worried about this morning's weigh in. I was worried last week was a fluke. I was also secretly thinking, "Man, I know I should be happy if I lose 2 pounds, but I know I will secretly be kinda pissed." I am just not happy with 2 pounds a week at this point. Mainly because I have that Cabaret Audition deadline coming up. And remember, if I get the role I want I'll be wearing something along the lines of this (while dancing):


So yeh, it is imperative that I'm down to a good weight by mid-May. Anyway. On the way to Candice's this morning to weigh myself I convinced myself I'd be happy with 3 pounds. If I lose 3 pounds a week then by the end of April I'll weigh 155. I was happy, content with weighing in three pounds lighter.

So I know you are dying to know (or at least I'm dying to tell you) what I weighed in at this morning.

Drum Roll please....

It is an all time low....

I now weigh less than my husband for the first time since we've been together.......................

.................................................I weighed..........................................


192.4!

And the crowd goes wild! That is an 8.4 pounds loss!!
Yay! Weeeeeee! Oh HELL Yeah!!!!!!!!

I know, I know...I can't expect this kind of loss every week...yada yada yada. But I am so happy to see it today. This is the first week in a long time that I've really been committed and it shows. I feel like I have so much momentum for this coming week! Again, I am completely aware that I probably won't see another 8 pounds loss...well, maybe ever. Next week I am secretly hoping to lose at least 3 pounds so I'll be in the 180s..but after that, I am honestly happy with 2 pounds a week.


Oh, I do have one piece of bad news, that is actually kind of good. That chocolate cake from yesterday? Well, it tasted kinda gross. I only had two small bites and ate the icing off half of it. The weight loss this week was reward enough for obstaining from mexican food yesterday.

I didn't even need that chocolate cake in the end!

One last thing...found a few quotes I liked yesterday so I thought I'd share them...

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. Many people take the first step and then stop. Yet, with every additional step you take, you enhance immensely the value of your first step."

"All masters of success are chiefly distinguished by their power of adding a second, a third, and perhaps a fourth step in a continuous line."

"There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession is the rule of life. That which grows fast withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly endures."

"Do not despise the bottom rings in your ascent to greatness."

8 comments:

  1. Yeah.... I get to be the first to say congrats! Girl I was sooooo happy for you this morning. You kicked major butt this week!! I know you will be running on stage in your underware before you know it (=

    So, I found a bellydance class on the 16th, you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl! Good things all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats girl! I am so happy for you! You will reach your goal in no time!

    Yay! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the loss. I'm drinking a minimum of 3L of water a day. It CAN be done. I drink carbonated water with a little lime juice (which keeps me off diet sodas). I also use Nuun hydration tabs to give the water a little flavor and keep my blood salts balanced (which is an issue with me).

    I can't imagine what it would be like to meet your real dad after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a wonderful loss!! Congrats! Forget whether or not you can expect it every week... this week WE CELEBRATE WITH YOU!! YAY!!!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8.4 POUNDS!! WOOT!! That is FANTASTIC! Very interesting "secret" and good job on the goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. I can relate with you on many different levels (the dad stuff even), it's all in my archives.
    The 8 pound loss! Wow, way to go my friend...very nice!! And the weighing less than your husband for the first time ever---That's such a wonderful feeling I'm sure! You're rocking this thing.
    Not a fan of the fasting two days a week-- If you ever need or want any advice or guidance, just shoot me an e-mail.

    You're seriously on the way to a fantastic transformation. You're doing it! Feels good huh?

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete