Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gym Boss

So, I got my new toy yesterday, and I really like it. It is called the Gym Boss, and basically it is an interval timer. And of course I had to get it in bright pink :) Last night I used it, and had a great workout. The first workout I had in a long time. What I did was a brisk 5 minute walk; then I alternated 90 seconds of walking and 60 seconds of jogging/running. I did that 10 times. Then I walked for another 25 minutes. So I had a good 55 minute workout! I can't tell you how accomplished I feel after it. And it wasn't too painful and the interval timer just beeped whenever I was supposed to start running, so there was no worrying as to whether I had walked or ran the correct amount of time. I could just go. Tonight I plan on using it for my bike trying something called pyramids (1 min push, 1 min ease, 2 min push, 2 min ease, 3 min push, 3 min ease).


I am so happy I actually did the exercise I had committed to yesterday and I didn't eat horribly. I know today is going to be even better.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, pretty in Pink! Nice workout mamas.

    I like the idea of the pyramid, that would even be perfect on a spinning bike.

    Can't wait for more posts to come! Keep at it girl, you are such an inspiration to so many out there, they just don't know it yet!

    I'm glad to see you back (=

    ReplyDelete