Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened...

How you doing?

I'm doing GREAT!

This has been a great week. I've been eating pretty much within my calorie range. I'm not going to beat myself up for going 50 calories over. And I've been exercising consistently.

And last night something awesome happened!

If you have been reading this blog, you know that I had auditioned for Cabaret. I'm not sure if I ever posted, but I did not make it into the musical :(

But oh well...life goes on. So I auditioned for another musical called 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum'. And I got the part I auditioned for, Domina, yay! It isn't a lead role, but I do get a whole song to myself! And a couple dozen speaking lines.

Last night we had our first rehearsal, where we got our scripts and everything. After wards the director asked me to stay because she had something to ask me. Well, turns out she was super impressed with my audition and offered me a paid job as the Music Director for the musical! I'm going to be teaching everyone how to sing their parts and warming up everyone before rehearsals.

I am so flattered that they offered me the position simply off my audition! I am proud of myself and really excited. I really want to get back into music. This is a perfect window for me to see if I still like teaching, etc. Which I'm sure I will :) I've been putting together warm ups all morning.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful news... not only getting the part, but them being so impressed that they HIRED you!

    Thank you for the encouraging comment on my blog. You are right... wt loss doesn't make everything perfect... life goes on. I think I am just in the doldrums of the "middle" part of my journey. I need to get back to being busy LIVING now, and then won't notice how long it takes (I hope!). :-)

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!!! You must have been being modest when you told all us girls at lunch that your audition went "okay", it's sounds like you rocked it true Olivia style! Proud of you girl and I know you are going to do amazing stuff (=

    Love you and kick some major butt this weekend and remember to have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...very impressive...congratulations I your role, your new job, and your courage to put yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont forget... all of us ladies will be there cheering you on when you go on stage! :)

    ReplyDelete