Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday, Fast Day, Hurt Tummy Day, Good Day



Today was my fast day (you may be seeing a pattern on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They just work for fasting.) I am actually really glad I was fasting, because it eliminated a HUGE temptation today. I woke up this morning with severe stomach cramps, so bad that I came home at lunch. On these days (ladies, you know what I mean)...I usually get a bit...well, ravenous! And I can't tell you how easy it was NOT to binge since I was just not eating at all. I even sat and watched my husband eat a cheeseburger and fries from one of our favorite burger places, and I wasn't phased. As always I stayed well hydrated, no problems there.

The one thing that irritates me about fast days is that I don't exercise. I'm fasting for health, not weight loss...so, I want to allow my body time to heal itself. That is why I don't exercise, I want my body to be able to focus all its energy on detoxing and healing. But I still wake up in the morning at 4:00 a.m. chomping on the bit to go to the gym (lol, who said no one's excited to work out?)

So, I decided that if I feel that way I will start doing Yoga on Tuesday/Thursday/FastDay. I picked up a Yoga for Beginners movie at Walmart. I came home early from work, laid in bed until the ibproufin kicked in, and then opened the windows and rolled out my yoga mat...that was very dirty from being stuck in the corner of the garage for so long by the way. I'd also like to mention that we finally got a break in the freezing cold here in Houston, that is why I opened the windows. I have to say, I liked yoga. I have kind of tried it before, but I always had major issues with my balance...like dehabilitating imbalance issues. But I think the 77 pounds I've lost have made a difference (good golly, what a surprise!) It was still a challenge, but I really feel soooooo wonderful right now! I honestly thought yoga was probably some hippy bull...well at least the stuff about mental clarity and invigoration. But let me tell you, I feel invigorated as all hell!!! From stomach cramps to this!? I might do yoga EVERY day!



Yoga really was great, but I am raring to get into the gym tomorrow mourning and make my body work! I'm sure I'll be even more motivated after watching biggest loser tonight :)

My sister Tootie sent me an email today (her real name is elizabeth, but we call her tootie.) It was to tell me that I have motivated her. Tootie probably used to be about as big as I was in the beginning. Now she is so beautiful...really the perfect healthy size. She also said something that really stuck with me and I wanted to share it here...

"I have found I'd rather be tired from the battle
than tired from not trying."

Every day I am doubting less and less that I am going to make it. I am going to finish this. I know some days I will be tired from this battle...but I was tired every day when I weighed 269 pounds. It really is like a battlefield. I started facing a huge army of fat, and it was really difficult to face all those pounds at the same time. It took me a while, but now that I've knocked down their numbers I am fighting faster. I am able to concentrate on specific types of fat. I am in control of the battle, instead of it being in control of me.

Because when the fat was in control of me I could never imagine winning the war.

Alright people, have a great night!!

4 comments:

  1. I have so many questions about the fasting thing. I guess the biggest is why? What health benefits are you getting from it? How do you resist the urge to snack?!? You are SO much stronger then I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really like what your sister said! It is so true, and I agree with you... I was always tired before. It's getting better, and hopefully will continue to improve.
    I enjoyed hearing your your experience with the yoga. I've never tried it, but have good things.
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one fasting today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have the best quotes. I love the one by Anais Nin

    ReplyDelete