Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out Sick

So Sunday night I got REALLY sick. Could barely sleep and was in the bathroom most of the night with a stomach virus or something. Monday morning I really tried to get up and get dressed, but I almost fell over every time I stood up. So, I called in sick and spent 99.9% of the day in bed. I didn't exercise, sigh, but I didn't over eat either. In fact, I didn't eat for most of the day. Today I'm at work, but I'm still very tired and very weak. Today was supposed to be a hard core workout day, but I think I'm going to allow myself to rest. If I feel like spinning at 7, I'll do that...but as for the belly dance and pilates class I wanted to try? Well, those will have to wait until next week.

This sucks because I have the 5K this Saturday.
This sucks because this Friday I AM going to weigh in (I promise).
This sucks because I feel like I'm stagnant and not moving forward.

But I refuse to allow this to suck anymore than it does, therefore I am not going to overeat.

Hopefully I'll be back at full steam tomorrow.
Thanks for all your comments. They always make me smile and remind me I'm not alone...so I can't screw up, lol.

7 comments:

  1. It's all good- this isn't a race, you are only competing against yourself!

    I hope you feel better soon! Just imagine how great you will feel after you run the 5k on Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv, hope you feel better soon. Try and remember that being physically sick isnt something you can control. Take it easy or you'll end up being out for way longer! Rest your body!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! You know, a part of this journey is knowing when your body needs rest. Sounds like you need to take it easy. Rest and then hit it hard when you can. Until then, practice healthy nutrition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...that totally sucks... I hope you feel better for your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better fast! It is so easy to give in and "pamper" ourselves when we don't feel good. I'm glad you are not doing that, in the end you will feel better thanks to that good choice.
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((Olivia)))

    Hope you feel better soon so you can rock it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't be certain but I think this is my first visit to your blog. I'm sorry you're not feeling well and with the 5k so close. Urgh... hang in there.

    I see item #5 of your perfect 10 challenge goals. I have been thinking of fasting at least once a week. I read somewhere that you can get sick from cleansing/fasting. Need to do more research.

    Anyways, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete